skip to main content

Working Papers/Employment of Minors

Minors under eighteen years of age must have an employment certificate to engage in allowable types of work. Application for such certificates may be obtained at the high school guidance office.

Vacation employment certificates may be obtained by minors who are fourteen years of age or older. Those certificates permit work that does not interfere with school attendance.

Conditions regulating work under these certificates and permits are contained in the Child Labor Law.

Minors must present a birth certificate when applying for a permit. School officials are required by law to see each applicant's birth certificate before issuing a permit.
ADA Compliance Errors 0