AES Scholarship Deadline is Approaching
AES Engineering is pleased to be able to continue offering scholarships to motivated students to help in the furthering of their education.
Our belief is that achieving a high grade point average should not be the only criteria for determining who deserves to be helped. For that reason we are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by an evaluation of the essays that are submitted.
Scholarships are intended for our future leaders across a wide spectrum of fields of study. This award is available to high school seniors and all students attending a post secondary educational facility. You are not required to be taking Engineering courses to be eligible.
Deadline for entry: October 6, 2019
Please see link for more information: Apply Here
“B. Davis Scholarship”
PENNSYLVANIA AMERICAN LEGION SCHOLARSHIPS
ESSAY CONTEST* - Open to any student in 9th-12th grade who is enrolled in a Pennsylvania school is eligible. Essay is between 500-1000 words on a topic chosen by the committee. 1st-$3500.00, 2nd-$3000.00 and 3rd-$2500.00 placed awarded.
- ORATORICAL CONTEST* - Open to any student in 9th-12th grade who is enrolled in a Pennsylvania school is eligible. Consists of two parts, one a memorized oration and an ex-temporary oration on an assigned topic. 1st-$7500.00, 2nd-$5000.00 and 3rd-$4000.00 places awarded.
- SEBASTIANELLI DRUM CORPS SCHOLARSHIP* - Open to any senior who is child or grandchild of a Pennsylvania Legionnaire living or deceased. The student must be a member of a high school band and is going on to higher education with a major in music. Winner received $500.00.
- JOSEPH P GAVENONIS SCHOLARSHIP* - Open to any Pennsylvania high school senior who is child/grandchild of a Pennsylvania Legionnaire. The student needs to be seeking a four year degree in a Pennsylvania college or university.
- ROBERT W VALIMONT ENDOWMENT* - Open to any Pennsylvania high school senior who is a child/grandchild of a Pennsylvania Legionnaire. The student needs to be seeking a two year career-oriented education or training in a less-than four-year program in a Pennsylvania school.
- ROBERT TRACE ESSAY CONTEST* - Open to students 15-18 years of age who is child or grandchild of a Pennsylvania Legionnaire living or deceased or child of Pennsylvania soldier killed as a result of war on terrorism. 300-500 word essay on the topic "Patriotism and Citizenship - What America means to me?" Winner receives $500.00.
WEEK-LONG CAMPS WITH THE POSSIBILITY TO EARN SCHOLARSHIP MONEY
- KEYSTONE BOYS STATE* - Open to any male student who has completed their junior year and resides in Pennsylvania. KBS students practice and operate fictitious cities, four counties and one state, based on the statues and codes of the State of Pennsylvania. About the 3rd full week of June @ Shippensburg University. Local legion posts will sponsor the students to attend. There is a Keystone Girls State - Contact an auxiliary unit.
- STATE POLICE YOUTH WEEK* - Open to any male or female student who is 15-17 years old and resides in Pennsylvania. The student should be in good health and physically fit. This camp is run like a boot camp, to introduce students interested in law enforcement or a branch of the armed forces. Cadets march in platoons, do physical training and have instructional time. About the second full week of June @ York College of Pennsylvania. Local legion posts will sponsor the student to attend.
* Please see individual applications/brochures for complete rules, instructions, and more information.
NAAAP Philadelphia Scholarship
This $1,000 scholarship is available to students who are Asian/Asian American. The deadline for this Pennsylvania scholarship is in April.
Partnership for Access to Higher Education (PATH)
When students receive funding from PHEAA, they may also be considered for the PATH program, which provides supplemental grant funding to students demonstrating need.
John Apple Swim Fund Memorial Scholarship
Scott & Hoffnagle Scholarship Fund
Commonwealth Fire Protection Company is pleased to provide you with information regarding the Scott & (Paul) Hoffnagle Scholarship Fund (formally known as the Stephen E. Scott Scholarship Fund). This scholarship was established in 2015 to honor the past CEO, Paul W. Hoffnagle. CFPC is a fire sprinkler contractor located in Leola, PA serving the Mid-Atlantic area with design, fabrication, installation, service and inspection of automatic fire sprinkler systems.
Scholarship materials are due by: May 31, 2019
William E. Martin Scholarship
Rivertownes PA USA Scholarship
The mission statement of Rivertownes PA US is to cultivate the art, heritage and recreation of the river towns of Columbia, Marietta and Wrightsville, Pennsylvania. Rivertownes is a community organization that supports local organizations and projects that will enhance and benefit the community.
A. The due date will be May 1, 2019 by 3:00 p.m. (no exceptions will be made)
B. Return completed application to the Guidance Office
C. Recipient will be recognized at the Donegal High School awards ceremony.
Metzger Wickersham Road to Safety
Metzger Wickersham’s scholarship program encourages students to take a stand against dangerous driving. The Road to Safety Scholarship Contest provides high school seniors with the opportunity to submit a creative project about the dangers of drunk driving or distracted driving for the chance to win college scholarship money. The ultimate goal of the contest is to help spread the message to drive with safety in mind all the time!
DEADLINE Friday, May 10, 2019
Walter S. Ebersole, Unit 185
1. To qualify, the boy or girl must be a son or daughter of a veteran who has served honorably in any branch of the armed forces.
2. Applicant must be a graduating senior from your local high school and to have been accepted to a college in the State of Pennsylvania.
3. A $500 scholarship will be awarded to 1-male and 1-female graduating DHS senior.
The applicant must submit an essay, written by the applicant, of not less than 200 words. The topic will be: "How can I encourage my friends to show pride in being an American?"
All applications must be returned to the Guidance Office by: Monday. April 29th. 2019.
PPL Electric Utilities announces environmental scholarship
PPL Electric Utilities announces environmental scholarship
Doing the right thing where the environment is concerned is about much more than following established rules and guidelines that protect the air, land and water.
It’s about going above and beyond.
One way we’ve chosen to do that is to create the PPL Electric Utilities Future Environmental Leaders Scholarship. We recently announced this initiative, so you may have seen news stories about it.
Here’s how it works:
- Who: High school seniors looking to attend two- or four-year schools are eligible.
- What: PPL is providing $14,000 for the scholarship program in 2019. One winner will be picked from each of seven geographical regions to receive $2,000. Applications will be judged by an internal PPL committee.
- When: Submit an application between March 1 and April 30. Applications will be judged by an internal PPL committee and winners will be announced in early June.
- Where: Our service territory in eastern and central Pennsylvania.
- Why: At PPL Electric Utilities, we not only work to protect the environment, we want to enhance it.
PPL employees and members of their immediate families or households are not eligible for the scholarship.
William Brenner Post #466
American Legion Scholarship
A. Available to a Donegal High School Senior, (resident of Marietta or Maytown.)
B. Applicant must be attending an accredited institution of higher learning, (i.e., college, nursing school, trade or technical school, military academy, etc.)
C. Scholarship does not apply to correspondence school.
A. Total of $2,000. possible.
B. 1st Year - $1,000 to be awarded after successful completion of one semester with a GPA of 2.5 or higher on a scale of 4.0. Recipient must submit an official grade transcript to Post #466, 19 S. Gay Street, Marietta, PA 17547 for payment.
C. 2nd Year – possible additional $1,000 to be awarded after successful completion of one semester with a GPA of 2.5 or higher on a scale of 4.0. Recipient must submit an official transcript to Post #466, 19 S. Gay Street, Marietta, PA 17547 for payment.
D. Scholarship may be applied to any normal cost associated with higher learning.
A. Appearance and completeness of the scholarship application.
B. School and community involvement
C. GPA above 3.0.
D. Personal paragraph written by applicant.
DEADLINE AND NOTIFICATION
A. Complete applications are due the last day of April by 12:00 noon. No exceptions will be made.
B. Applications must be delivered personally to a guidance counselor or the Career Resource Center.
C. Recipient will be recognized at the Donegal High School annual awards program.
DR. THOMAS O’CONNOR MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Dr. Thomas W. & Mrs. Mary Ellen O’Connor Memorial Scholarship will be awarded again for 2019!
This scholarship will be awarded to 2-seniors who have demonstrated interest in the health services and who plan to pursue post-secondary education in preparation for entering a health services field or profession. Each award is $500.
Due in the Counseling Office on or before May 1st.
NICOLE E. STYER ELEMENTARY EDUCATION MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP SPONSORED BY MARIETTA LEGION AUXILARY UNIT 466.
The Nicole E. Styer Elementary Education Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by the Marietta Legion - Auxiliary Unit 466 will once again be offering a $500 scholarship to one Donegal High School female senior entering post-secondary education majoring in the elementary education field.
Due to the Counseling Office on or before 3:00 pm on April 30, 2019
Abby Rebecca Winter's Charitable Fund
ABBY REBECCA WINTERS’ MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD (Academic or Technical Degree)
This scholarship is for $1,000.00 per year for either a 2 or 4 year period depending on the degree. The award will be made on the basis of character, scholastic achievement and commitment to school and community.
Applications must be submitted by May 1, 2019 to the DHS Counseling Office.
Ashara – Casiphia Lodge No. 551, F&AM
Mount Joy, PA
Ashara – Casiphia Lodge No. 551, F&AM
Mount Joy, PA
Eligibility: applicant must have a Masonic relationship through the applicant’s father, step-father, grandfather, step-grandfather, brother or brother-in-law.
Applicant must be a High School Senior who is pursuing a college education either 2 or 4 year program.
Applications due in the Counseling Office on May 2, 2019
Donegal Foundation Scholarships
Health Care – Post-secondary education related to health care field
STEM – Post-secondary education related to science, technology, engineering or math
Community Services – Recognizes students who have actively served their communities by volunteering their time and talent throughout HS years
Ethel M Broske Music Scholarship – Female student who is entering into a field of study that in some way encompasses music at an accredited post-secondary institution
Sue Folly Anderson – Post-secondary education primarily in an art-related discipline and secondarily in elementary education
Opportunities Through PEO Organization
Several opportunities are available, see details through the link below:
LOHF Nursing Scholarships
Horatio Alger Association
As one of the nation's largest need-based college scholarship programs in the country, the Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs specifically assist high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. While many programs are directed primarily to recognizing academic achievement or leadership potential, the Horatio Alger Association seeks students who have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming adversity, as well as have critical financial need.
Kemp Zangari Memorial Scholarship
Criteria: Senior student has a minimum 3.0 GPA, participates in community service, and demonstrates good character.
A short essay describing demonstrated honesty, kindness and compassion through activities in both school and community required.
Deadline: May 1, 2019
MXL INDUSTRIES, INC. - SKUBON-VANTREESE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM 2019-2020
This scholarship is in memory of John Skubon and Michael Vantreese, both long term employees at MXL Industries, Inc. Interested candidates must be majoring in Plastics Technology, Engineering or related fields. Please see the link below for more information.
Application must be submitted by email or by mail and postmarked by April 30, 2019
2019 MARIETTA GSK VACCINES SCHOLARSHIP
The 2019 Marietta GSK Vaccines Scholarship is available for students pursuing post-high school studies at a 4 year accredited institution of higher learning. Recipients should be planning to pursue a course of study consistent with GSK’s mission as a global leader in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products, such as science, health, engineering, business, finance or related field.
The scholarship is up to $4,000 towards tuition to be awarded after successful completion of one semester of college. First semester transcript and proof of enrollment for second semester (invoice) must be presented and mailed directly to The Donegal Foundation at PO Box 495, Mount Joy, PA 17552. The financial award from GSK will be dispersed from The Donegal Foundation.
Submit a copy of your completed application to your guidance counselor by April 29, 2019